Friday 1 July 2011

Aruna (1) Hot Hits Photos Biography Videos 2011

Aruna (1) Hot Hits Photos Biography Videos 2011
Hi there, I'm Aruna, and this is my Myspace page. Welcome to it. So this is the part where y'all get to know a little bit about me, lets see, what can I say?

I grew up in Jersey, yes I'm an East Coast chick and always will be no matter where I plant myself, I started playing piano practically when I was in the womb, and wrote my first song when I was 9 (it was called 'Florescent Colors' and if any bootleg recordings of it ever surface I will track down those responsible and make them pay!).

Then I went to high school and felt like a complete freak, being one of those artsy creative types that are always so well accepted by the beer-swilling football-playing frat-boy wannabes and their cheerleading cohorts, so I sought solace in death metal, amongst other things which I will refrain from mentioning, not the least of which was my own musical studies, which by then, had progressed into 7 hours a day of piano practice, lots of Chopin and Charlie Parker solos.

Eventually I got myself into the infamous Berklee College of Music and dual majored in Music Synthesis and Film Scoring, taking a 2 year break in between my sophomore and junior year to move to Miami, play in a thrash metal band called Cynic and make a living entertaining drunk hipsters and college kids in dueling piano bars.

After graduating, I decided to move to LA cuz its warm here and theres no cigarette smoke allowed anywhere and people are healthy and nice and there are lots of vegan friendly restaurants. So I started performing around LA, a lot, writing too. I finished my first full length album in April of 2003 and spent a good 2 years thereafter promoting it.

Not long after that I got very lucky, landing my first cowritten song on one of the top selling albums of the year, Disney's Hannah Montana Soundtrack. Ever since then I've largely shifted my gears towards writing and now pretty much all I do is write, sometimes alone but mostly with other songwriters, working on more songs to pitch to other hit artists (you can hear some of the most recent at www.myspace.com/arunasongs). I'm also spending a lot of time lately writing and recording with DJ/producers from all over the globe in the trance, house and down-tempo genres, globally referred to as electronic dance music (visit www.myspace.com/arunabeats to check out my latest collaborations). I also occasionally shop, shower, work out, cook, read, drink wine and green tea, hang out and gab about life with cool people that are important to me, and curl up in bed with my beautiful cat Miss Missy. I'm looking forward to writing and recording another artist album at some point in the not-too-distant future but am kinda riding the wave at the moment while things are exploding in these other two areas.

Aruna (1)
 Aruna (1)
 Aruna (1)
 Aruna (1)
 Aruna (1)
 Aruna (1)
 Aruna (1)
Aruna (1)
Aruna (1)
Aruna (1)
Aruna (1)
Aruna (1)
INTERVIEW with Aruna Shields
PRESS CALL with Aruna Shields

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...